It is FALSE to claim that 5G would be environmentally friendly.
Olivier Bodenmann. EPFL electrical engineer, expert in electrosmog, member of the frequencia committee.
Pro-5G circles are now trying to sell us 5G by claiming that it’s environmentally friendly.
It’s greenwashing! We are presented with only one side of things and the “other side of the coin” is ignored.
It is FALSE to claim that 5G would be “environmentally friendly” as some operators say, simply under the pretext that the energy efficiency of the protocol would be better than 4G and that the 5G antennas would only transmit if necessary and would otherwise be in “sleep mode”.
The problems are that:
- We have not taken account of the fact that 5G is precisely there to connect a large quantity of objects and will therefore ultimately carry much more data, which will in the best case equate to the same energy level as the current situation with 4G, or even be worse,
- 5G antennas will NEVER be in “sleep mode”, precisely because of all these permanently connected objects that require continuous data transmission
- According to the IEEE (Spectrum 24.07.2019), “A 5G base station should generally consume about three times more energy than a 4G base station. And more 5G base stations are needed to cover the same area. This is due to the modulation of the 5G signal, pushed to the extreme to transmit more data, thus requiring a higher power (high peak factor and need for a “clean” signal)
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) already advised in 2018: “EMF exposure limits should be harmonized worldwide on the basis of international guidelines” which means 61V/m ! This is criminal unconsciousness, because these limits are anything but scientific since they ignore the biological effects of electromagnetic waves. The European Council recognized this in its Resolution 1815, saying that these limits “present serious weaknesses”.
- The deployment of 5G is in any case extremely damaging for the planet, due to the quantities of materials needed to build tens or hundreds of millions of antennas, billions of mobile devices, on top of the 100 billion (!) “connected objects” (otherwise useless!) that we are promised. Not to mention the mountain of waste generated. These materials are also extracted under inhumane conditions, often by children. And these hundreds of billions of devices will become waste (very little recyclable) in less than ten years, further aggravating this already heavy toll. We are being told about improvement of waste management with 5G, but it will produce even more!
- No study of the damage that 5G could cause to flora and fauna has been done
Effects on bird and insect populations are feared and have already been reported.
- With all these objects connected, the amount of data generated will be monstrous and it will take a lot of servers and powerful computers to be managed. This will generate massive energy consumption, while IT systems (the “cloud”) are already the 5th largest consumer of energy resources on the planet.
With 5G, this will increase exponentially! Again, only the sales revenue aspect is taken into account, neglecting the negative aspects.
The network of 20,000 satellites planned by several companies to broadcast 5G all over the planet has several serious disadvantages:
- A constant exposition of almost the entire surface of the planet, an irradiation from which it will be difficult if not impossible to escape unless living underground, and which will affect all living beings at the surface, this millimeter wave irradiation will particularly affect insects, further aggravating the decline of their population,
- The destruction of the ozone layer by the fuel used to launch these satellites, not to mention the many maintenance operations required for this satellite network,
- Unrestrained consumption of additional resources and the pollution that will result,
- An additional pollution of the already very crowded orbital space with all kinds of waste
- Impossible to forecast weather!!!!
The environment is also human society!
The development of a network such as 5G will have consequences on human society:
- Unbridled automation, robotization of society, confinement in “smart cities”.
- Surveillance of individuals for “security reasons” (example: China), loss of freedom
- Increasing hyper-connectivity and cyber-addiction
- Dictatorship of artificial intelligence (AI), loss of human autonomy in general
- Health problems in the overexposed population (diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer, autism, kidney faileure, etc.)
- Increase in the number of people intolerant to the waves (EHS) unable to work and therefore dependent on society
- Potential epidemic of degenerative diseases of the eyes
- Decreased reproduction and damage to DNA
AURÉLIEN BARRAU’s POINT OF VIEW, FRENCH ASTROPHYSICIST
“So we’re preparing the 5G telephone network. Actively. With frenzy and impatience! For a slightly reduced latency time and the certainty that high-definition videos will be visible “outdoors” without interruption, we will deploy countless antennas, destroy previous ones, renew everything – most likely in multiples, disjointed operators force…
This is the archetype of what leads to disaster. Our structural inability to say “That’s enough, we don’t need, we don’t want, this senseless abundance; we reject this lethal idea that everything technologically possible must actually be achieved, for the deadly enjoyment of pure consumption.”
…] Even with a perfectly “clean” energy source, the effects of deployment (of 5G) would be dramatic.
5G kills[…], as an artificial creation of an arbitrary need with devastating consequences. We CAN NO LONGER continue to act “as if” these follies had no consequences. We have already killed 70% of the living things, with almost no global warming. Do we prefer the life or flow of the telephone network? It’s almost as simple as that. [end of quote] So let’s BOYCOTT the phones and connected objects 5G!